May 25, 2018
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER) which provides key information on the 2016-17 educational progress for Dillon Elementary. The AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, accountability, and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Klaire Verbeke, Principal, at (810)591-3590 for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site https://goo.gl/wTH7bq, or you may review a copy in the main office at your child’s school.
For the 2016-17 school year, Dillon Elementary received its third year of M-STEP assessment data. While we are pleased with our status in some areas we see a need to improve in other areas. We are continuously working to improve in identified areas. We have implemented interventions to assist our lowest performing students as we work to close our achievement gap. We appreciate the continued support of parents, staff and our community in this effort. Parents and community members can become involved at Dillon in a variety of ways and include, but are not limited to: Parent Teacher Club, Title 1, PBS Committee, School Improvement Committee, bi-annual Parent/Teacher conferences, student mentoring and classroom volunteering.
State law requires that we also report additional information that can be found below and on the attached report.
- Students that live within the designated school boundaries are able to attend Dillon Elementary School. Additionally, parents may complete forms for Internal Schools of Choice Application if they reside within the Carman Ainsworth Schools district boundaries. For families who are not residents of Carman Ainsworth Community Schools, they may apply through the district’s limited choice program.
- Dillon is committed to continuous school improvement. Dillon has established school wide improvement goals through the AdvancED process based on identified student needs. Specific strategies for each grade level have been identified based on researched best practices to address these goals. Activities and strategies are being implemented during the 2017-18 school year.
- Dillon Elementary has a highly qualified team of teachers that actively pursues educational excellence for all students. Our teachers work together as a Professional Learning Community (PLC) to continuously support our students’ achievement and academic growth.
- Curriculum is developed and implemented based on the Common Core Standards. Information regarding the core curriculum is contained in grade level pacing guides and teacher provided parent information packets.
- Dillon Elementary measures student achievement yearly. The NWEA assessment has been utilized to determine annual student academic growth.
- Dillon Elementary prides itself with communicating with parents and guardians as evident in the chart of participation at parent/teacher conferences held annually in the Fall and Spring.
Parent/Teacher Conference Attendance
Number of Parents
Percent of Parents
In closing, it is with great pride and enthusiasm that the entire staff and learning community of Dillon Elementary present this report to you. Through our continuous dedication and devotion to our students and families, Dillon will continue to be a leading educational institution within our community.