Title of Course: Science
Teacher’s Name: Mr. Cassel
Teacher Information: Planning hour 10:00 – 10:55
Teacher Phone: 810-591-6866
Teacher email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of Content:
The 3 Units that will be covered during the course of the year include:
- Matter and Earth
- Dynamic Earth
Texts and/or Other Required Materials:
- A new consumable textbook for each unit of study
- A vocabulary/note book for each unit of study
- I would like each student to have a dry erase marker and a highlighter. Pencils and silent reading book are needed daily.
Format and Activities:
- Class will be conducted using lecture, discussion and group activities.
- Students are expected to participate during discussions and activities.
Grading Practices and Procedures:
- Student's grades will be calculated on a point system. The total points during a marking period are from the homework, quizzes and test given (totals may vary by the marking period)
- late work will be accepted at a lower grade:
- 1 day late = -10%
- 2 days late = -20%
- 3 days late = -50%
- More than 3 days late = 0%
- A 100% - 94%
- A- 93% - 90%
- B+ 89% - 86%
- B 85% - 83%
- B- 82% - 80%
- C+ 79% - 76%
- C 75% - 73%
- C- 72% - 70%
- D+ 69% - 66%
- D 65% - 63%
- D- 62% - 60%
- E Below 60%
Classroom Rules and Procedures:
- All rules from the student handbook will be enforced.
- Students who miss school bear the responsibility to ask their teachers what assignments they missed.
- Students who choose to be disruptive to the learning environment will be removed from the classroom and referred to a principal.
A positive home-school relationship is vital to your student’s success. Communication is the key! Please feel free to contact me anytime about your child. I’m looking forward to a great year!