10 Ways to Help Your Child Do Well In School
1. Show you care. Your child needs hugs and words of support. Ask your child about school each day.
2. READ, READ, READ! Read with your child, or have him/her read to you every day. Make it fun and talk about what you've read.
3. Make home a place for learning. Help your child practice reading, writing, math, and science skills. Stimulate your child's creativity!
4. Promote healthy habits. Make sure that your child gets plenty of sleep and exercise and eats healthy well balanced meals. Schedule regular check-ups.
5. Be a role model. Your child learns from you. Be positive about education and show you enjoy learning.
6. Encourage independence. Allow your child to make mistakes and learn to accept their consequences. Give your child responsibilities, such as household chores.
7. Create a study routine. Set a time and a quiet place for your child to work every day. Do homework activities together.
8. Get involved. Attend school events and help out at school if you can.
9. Build success. Help raise your child's self esteem by setting reachable goals and praising your child's efforts, not just results.
10. Make school important. Insist on good attendance and punctuality.