THE BELOW INFORMATION IS ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
As we continue looking forward to your safe return; please review the new policies and other changes at the Center outlined below:
The Carman-Ainsworth Senior Center will open in phases once we are cleared to open.
We will have new policies in place to ensure everyone’s safety.
- All participants will be subject to a health questionnaire and temperature check prior to entering the building. Please if you are sick stay home, I do not want to turn you away at the door.
- All participants must wear masks while in the building or on the bus.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the building.
- Water fountain and coffee stations will be closed until further notice. Please bring your own sealable drink with you to the Center.
- Participants will be asked to adhere to the spaced floor markings. Social Distancing.
- The front entrance doors will be for entry only. The side door that exits to the parking lot will be for exit only.
- Restrooms will have limited capacity: Women’s only two people at a time. Men’s only two people at a time.
- Participants are asked to bring their scan card when attending programs to ease the check-in process.
- Class sizes will be limited; you must call to reserve your spot in each class no sooner than 48 hours in advance.
Phase One Programs: Knit-A-Bit, Crochet Class, Get Fit (no shared equipment), Bingo (with disposable cards, participants must provide own markers), Chair Yoga, Painting, Cardio & Strengthen (no shared equipment), Strengthen & Condition (Gils glass), Lunch, MMAP Counseling, Tai Chi, Transportation (Grocery, Hair Salons, Pharmacy, and Wellness Dr visits only) Veterans Services, Transportation (only 1 rider and you must wear mask). Food Pantry and Commodities will be done out the back door by pavilion. Senior Project Fresh by appointment.
Phase Two Programs: Small card groups; Mahjong; Dominos; Wednesday Line Dance; Hatha Yoga.
Phase Three Programs: Blood Pressure Screenings; Hand, Knee and Foot; Euchre; Thursday Line Dancing; Chair Massage; Friday morning breakfast; Seminars; Picnics; Trips; Hair Appointments; and Brunch.
You MUST pre-register for classes 24-48 hours in advance.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS TRYING TIME.
So please, when you are at the Center comply with these new rules that have been put in place, so we ALL stay safe and healthy.
The Carman-Ainsworth Senior Center continues to offer the following services during the COVID-19 crisis: Pick up lunches for Genesee County residents 60 years of age or older. Meals must be ordered by noon the business day prior. Phone assistance and medical loan closet. Rentals only, no equipment returns or donations at this time. Food Pantry and Commodities.
- COVID-19 Mental Health Guide - https://www.medicareadvantage.com/resources/senior-guide-to-mental-health-during-covid-19
- Anyone who comes to the Center daily or weekly, we are asking that you pick up your copy of the Newsletter at the Center. We are trying to cut costs of printing and bulk mailing. Thank You for your cooperation.
- Before venturing out in bad weather, be sure to check if the Center is open. Closure statements will be posted on our Facebook page as well as ABC12. Please note that the Center’s decision to close during inclement weather is independent of the school district or other senior centers.
- When you’re feeling ill, the best thing to do is stay home and rest. Please don’t come to the Center where your germs can be spread.
- Anyone interested in playing Bridge? Call the Center and let us know. We would like to start a Bridge Group.
- Hair Dresser available for cuts & style every other Monday. Call the Center for your appointment. Brow waxing also available.
- We are selling zip hoodies: Large to X-Large $30.00; 2XL are $20.00.
- We are selling t-shirts: Medium to X-Large $10.00; 2XL $32.00; 3XL $34.00.
- MMAP regular appointments are available on Mondays from 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Call for yours today.
- Breakfast Fridays at 8:30 a.m. Cost $2.00. Join us!
- Bingo Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. and Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Dominoes Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Golf Mondays at 12:30 p.m.
- Tai Chi Fridays at 9:00 a.m.
- Mahjong Thursdays at 1:00 p.m.
- Crochet class Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- Knit-a-Bit Mondays from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- County Veteran's Office is on site the third Tuesday of each month. Appointments only between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. If you have any questions about your Veteran's needs, call the Center and make an appointment.
- Flint Township Crime Watch meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. on the last Tuesday of each month at the Township Police Department.
- C-A is seeking a volunteer at The Learning Community (near Baker College on Scottwood Ave) Monday-Thursday from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Call Michele at 810-591-7238 for more information.
- Help the Center save on office supplies by bringing in your old, empty printer cartridges.
- The Center is seeking donations of white baby yarn and white sports weight yarn to knit for preemies. If you have some yarn you'd like to donate, bring it to the Center. Thank You.
- If you have any box or can goods extra that you don't want, please donate them to the Center.
- Remember that we do have transportation Monday-Friday. Cost $2.00 each way.
Stop by and see us at the Center!“This program and/or service is fully or partially funded by Genesee County Senior Millage funds. Your tax dollars are at work.”
- If you carry a cell phone, you should put an entry in your phone book for ICE (In Case of Emergency). Under the ICE place the name and number of and emergency contact person. If you have two names, enter the second contact person as ICE2. The reason being that if in an emergency and you are unable to communicate with the emergency personnel, they will look in your cell phone and call any of the ICE numbers you have listed.
- If you are interested in an activity we don't currently offer, let us know at 810-732-6290.
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CASeniorCenter