Identity Development Paper: Who am I?You will write a paper exploring yourself. Ask yourself some deep, probing questions about who you are and who you want to be.
This assignment will be typed in Word and submitted through Blackboard.
- Brief Family History: Interview an older, wiser adult family member to gain an understanding of where you came from . Be sure to include the sociocultural perspective!
- Introspection: Discuss who you think you are now. Be sure to include another psychological perspective. You could include the psychoanalytic, or behavioral perspective.
- Future Goals: What your goals and aspirations for the future, and how you plan to reach those goals. You should include the humanistic perspective.
- Your paper should have a title page, an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
- Your paper must be written in the APA format and be about 3 to 5 pages long.Proper APA format is always required!
b. Running Head starting in the upper left corner
c. Page Numbers in the upper right corner
d. Abstract (summary of the whole paper w/a Key Word line) page 2
e. Sub divide your paper into three groups using subheadings
f. In-Text Citations throughout the paper
- g. Reference page done in APA format citing the web pages used or our text book
___________________________________________Running head: TITLE OF YOUR PAPER 1
Title of Your Paper
Carman-Ainsworth High(Insert Page Break)TITLE OF YOUR PAPER 2Abstract
The abstract should a 150 words long & is the summary of the paper. The abstract should include a summary of what you have learned, new psychological perspectives that you have gained and a general overview of your paper.
(Insert Page Break )
TITLE OF YOUR PAPER 3
Your actual three to five page paper.... including in text citations (Kasschau, 2001) & divided in three parts w/subheadings like Family History, Introspection, or Future Dreams.
(Insert Page Break )
TITLE OF YOUR PAPER 6
Author, A. A. (Year, Month Day). Title of article. Title of Newspaper.
Retrieved from http://www.someaddress.com/full/url
Interviewee, The. (Year, Month Day). Personal interview. or Telephone interview.
Kasschau, R.A. (2001) Understanding Psychology. Columbus, OH: Glencoe
Trait: APA Style
Adheres to all styles: title page; double-spaced throughout
Adheres to almost all styles 1-2 errors in form
Adheres to most styles; 3-4 errors in form
Adheres to a few styles; lots of errors, 5-8
Little form or style; Is there a style?
Trait: Grammar and Spelling
No major errors in grammar or spelling
Some errors in spelling and grammar (1-2)
Several errors in spelling or grammar (3-7)
Lots of errors in spelling and grammar (8-12)
More than 12 errors, Paper not proofread
1Very complete- all sections: Family/Sociocultural,Introspection/AdditionalPerspective, Future Plans
Same as 5 but not as complete Missing one part or incomplete information or some inaccuracies
Same as 5 but missing several parts to the assignment
Incomplete and some inaccurate information.
Less than 3 pages in length. Missing and/or inaccurate information
Shows considerable thought and insight
Shows some thought and insight
Shows thought and insight
Little thought or insight
What does thought and insight look like?
Multiply raw score by 5 to get total points.
(ie. 5 + 4 +5 +3 = 17 x 5 = 85)